Your Next Furry Family Member is Waiting at APET Animal Shelter!
Here are our available pets:
APET holds monthly adoption events in Mineola, Quitman, Golden, Winnsboro, Lindale and other surrounding cities.
- In Mineola, we often hold events at Tractor Supply, Brookshire's, and the civic center.
- In Quitman, we hold adoption events at Brookshire's and Jim Hogg Park.
- In Lindale, we hold monthly adoption events at Petsense on Centennial Drive by Walmart.
- In Winnsboro, we have adoption events at Top Dog Thrift Store or Tractor Supply.
- For the past several years, we have participated in the Dogtoberfest held in Tyler in October.
Check back soon for scheduled events, follow us on Facebook, or call the animal shelter at 903-638-6902.
Mark your calendar:
Saturday, May 20th, 10-2:00 - National Rescue a Pet Day Event - 300 E. Elm St. in Winnsboro
Saturday, May 21, 10 - 2:00 - Petsense in Lindale
Sunday, May 29, 12 - 4:00 - Market in the Park at Jim Hogg Park in Quitman
Annual Events include:
- Mineola May Fiesta Days in downtown Mineola
- Dogwood Festival in Quitman, TX
- Old Settlers Reunion in Quitman, TX
- Art and Wine Festival in Winnsboro
- Festival of Books in Winnsboro
- Dogtoberfest in Tyler, TX
Check back soon for scheduled events or call the shelter at 903-638-6902.
When you provide a foster home for a cat or dog, you provide that animal a comfortable, loving home while they await adoption, plus you open a space at our shelter for another animal. We will supply everything you need to foster your new furry friend. You supply the love and attention.
Adoption families learn all about their foster animal and help our team match them with the perfect fur-ever home. Share photos and videos, promote our foster pet online and around town, and tell potential adopters what you love about your foster pal.
Some animals need a little extra TLC to prepare them for adoption. With our support and guidance, you can help a foster pet learn about love, trust and good house manners. A foster home builds trust and socialization for the foster animal, which makes them more likely to be adopted, and you'll be rewarded by watching them transform.
In addition, sometimes an animal needs healing and comfort. You can provide an animal with medical needs the comfort and support they need to heal and recover. The loving environment you provide reduces stress for animals who have been injured or ill, mothers and their litters or orphaned puppies and kittens.
When an animal is unadoptable due to a medical condition or age, your home can provide a peaceful, loving environment for their final weeks, months or years. We provide all your foster's medical needs and support to keep them comfortable.
Anyone interested in helping by fostering a cat or dog for APET is encouraged to fill out a foster application (below) and contact the shelter manager at 903-638-6902.